Aug 4, 2021
Throughout this podcast, we’ve heard people mention the
SharpSpring platform several times. And now, we have the
opportunity to understand how business professionals can use this
software system effectively. In today’s episode of the MORE
podcast, Ricardo is joined by virtual agency founder Denise Cagan
to discuss the platform SharpSpring.
Denise has been a business owner for over 20
- She started her first business (a cleaning company) while
working simultaneously as a lab supervisor for Coca-Cola but
ultimately left Coca-Cola to pursue her business full-time.
- Not one for downtime, Denise immediately started DCA Virtual
Business Support after selling her cleaning company in 2011, which
she continues to run today.
How can SharpSpring help your business?
- SharpSpring is an all-in-one platform that functions as a CRM,
a social media tool, drip campaign creation, or anything else your
business might need.
- Comparable to Hubspot, SharpSpring condenses all your business
efforts into one platform, making it more organized and easier to
maneuver while providing analytics to further fuel growth and
- Denise’s recommendation, however, is that you have a solid
strategy in place before you use it. Because the platform is around
$600/month (depending on your tier), it is well worth the
investment, but only if you completely take advantage of what it
has to offer.
- The platform is designed for businesses once they are beyond
the startup phase and need a system to scale and grow.
How is it different from competitors like
- The main difference is that Hubspot requires the buyer’s
website to be through Hubspot to take advantage of everything
available on the platform. With SharpSpring, you aren’t locked into
one specific website location.
- Hubspot is just as robust and has a freebie version (which
Sharp doesn’t have). However, the free version should just be used
to get your feet wet and doesn’t offer everything you’ll need.
Denise’s tips for using SharpSpring
- Take advantage of its ability to create landing pages and lead
- Many overlook the fact that the platform can be used for
onboarding new team members and clients.
- It can create a nurture workflow, where you develop the
relationship with people who sign up for your white papers or
regular campaign emails.
- Because it is all-in-one, Denise didn’t need to use
integrations. But SharpSpring can connect with social media
platforms, Zapier, Salesforce, and many other tools if appropriate
for your business.
To check out what SharpSpring can do for your business, check
website. Denise’s final takeaway? If you aren’t ready for an
all-in-one platform like SharpSpring, try to integrate the
platforms you currently use to make them work together effectively.
To contact Denise, visit her company website to send a message or
check out her podcast, Nurture Small Businesses.
Denise’s Book and podcast
MORE by Ricardo Berrris